Summer Excursions with Dr. Dan
12 Different Topics in Child Developmental and Behavior
Thursday Nights, 7:30 PM-9:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
June 25 – September 10, 2020
Participate live by video conference or watch recorded sessions at your convenience (available to registrants for one week after each session)
Register for each session separately by hitting the links below:
- June 25, 2020, ADHD Medication Management, Part I: Diagnosis, The Case for Medication and How to Do A Medication Trial REGISTER HERE
- July 2, 2020, ADHD Medication Management, Part II: Side Effects, Uneven Coverage and Discontinuation Trials REGISTER HERE
- July 9, 2020, Learning to Manage Anxiety, Part I: A Systems Approach to Exposure Therapy REGISTER HERE
- July 16, 2020, Learning to Manage Anxiety, Part II: Practical Strategies REGISTER HERE
- July 23, 2020, Coexisting ADHD, Anxiety, and Autism REGISTER HERE
- July 30, 2020, Helping Your Child Experience Social Success REGISTER HERE
- August 6, 2020, Helping Siblings Learn to Get Along REGISTER HERE
- August 13, 2020, Children and Violent Play REGISTER HERE
- August 20, 2020, Autism, Gender and Sexual Variation REGISTER HERE
- August 27, 2020, Working with Your Adolescent REGISTER HERE
- September 3, 2020, Helping Your Child Learn Healthy Eating Habits REGISTER HERE
- September 10, 2020, Helping Your Child with Sleep Problems REGISTER HERE
PARENT CHILD EXCURSIONS: THE BOOK
Get your copy of Dr. Dan’s book on ADHD, Anxiety, and Autism. This is an in-depth guide to medication management for ADHD, parallel exposure therapy for anxiety, combined therapies for management of coexisting conditions, social choreography for autism, plus the intertwined issues of autism, sexuality and gender. Available in paperback or Kindle ebook.
RESOURCES FOR EXCURSIONS PROGRAM
(Click on the title)
Autism and Sexual Difference
Children and Violent Behavior
Coexisting ADHD, Anxiety, Autism
Helping Your Child Experience Social Success
Helping Your Child Learn Healthy Eating
Helping Siblings Learn to Get Along
Helping Your Child Learn to Manage Anxiety
Helping Your Child with Medication
Helping Your Child with Sleep Problems
Helping Your Child Through Adolescence
Uneven Medication Coverage and ADHD
Is this right for me?
Graduates of the Journey ten session parent training program may be interested in more focused discussion of specific topics. But you don’t have to be a Journey graduate to sign up for these Excursions. All are welcome. These seminars are for parents of children of all ages with challenging temperaments or developmental differences. These interactive sessions cover some of the most common and difficult issues facing parents today. You can see the materials for each excursion by clicking on the Excursion title in the box at the top of this page.
What should I expect?
Each session will begin with a review of background concepts and specific strategies. Then the group will talk about individualized approaches to implementation. Discussion will be informal. Parents are encouraged to share. By the end of the program, parents should understand where problems come from and what to do. Real-life challenges, real-life solutions.
What topics are covered?
Special topics are offered in rotation. Check out the classes listed above to learn about upcoming topics, times and locations.